A new report from BI Intelligence, Business Insider’s premium research service, called IoT 101: The Essential Guide to the Internet of Things, outlines the basics of the IoT and what this next wave of technology means to the everyday individual. The report dives into key IoT terms, predictions and trends for the IoT in the next five years, the industries that the IoT will affect the most, and the biggest challenges facing the IoT.
Here are the key takeaways from the report:
- The IoT will surge into the mainstream by the end of this decade to include 24 billion devices. This would mean that approximately four IoT connected devices would exist for every human being on the planet.
- Governments and companies will invest billions of dollars into IoT devices in the next few years. And that investment will pay off by generating trillions of dollars by 2025.
- The IoT will profoundly transform daily life for governments, consumers, and businesses. These changes will occur in transportation, agriculture, utilities, smart cities, and more.
- There are dozens of companies with their hands in the IoT space, and more will soon join them. The list includes Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Fitbit, IBM, Google, Amazon, and more.
In full, the report:
- Reveals the best IoT companies in which to invest.
- Explains why system integration is the biggest challenge to those in the IoT space.
- Details the biggest security and privacy issues that the IoT creates.
- Dives into the 5 Stages of the IoT and explains why many companies have yet to fulfill the IoT’s true potential.
To get your copy of this invaluable guide to the IoT, choose one of these options:
- Purchase the Ultimate IoT Reports Bundle to receive this report PLUS 36 other expertly researched IoT reports. SAVE 89% >> BUY THE BUNDLE
- Purchase the report and download it immediately from our research store. >> BUY THE REPORT
The choice is yours. But however you decide to acquire this report, you’ve given yourself a powerful advantage in your understanding of the IoT.